From the Director
Welcome to the Economic and Business Research Center (EBRC) website! As you explore the site, you will find a wealth of research, analysis, and data on a wide array of applied topics important to decision making in Arizona. I know you will realize that EBRC’s unique offerings, combining excellence in research, award winning economic forecasts, and outstanding access to the most current indicator data for Arizona, can be integrated into real-life problem solving and solutions for your business and your community.
New initiatives and activities currently taking place at the Center are truly incredible – from a new community dashboard project, Making Action Possible for Southern Arizona, focusing on Southern Arizona communities to building the Arizona-Mexico Economic Indicators website with generous support from the Arizona Mexico Commission, Arizona Commerce Authority, Arizona Department of Transportation, and Arizona Office of Tourism.
Our corporate partnerships are also very important to us. We would like to thank our Forecasting Project sponsors for their continuing support of our economic forecasting and research activities. If your business would benefit from in-depth forecasting and/or corporate consulting services, please consider the benefits of joining the Forecasting Project. This group meets quarterly to examine the economic forecast for Arizona and the nation, and to analyze business trends in our state and beyond.
The Economic and Business Research Center's mission is to provide Arizona's citizens, educators, business leaders, and public-sector decision-makers with applied economic research, forecasts, and information on economic, demographic, and business trends affecting quality of life and doing business in Arizona.
What We Do
- Provide economic forecasts, socio-economic data, and analysis via this website, media interviews, and EBRC's quarterly online magazine Arizona's Economy.
- Present the latest economic forecast for Arizona and the nation at the Annual Economic Outlook Luncheon, held each December. Six months later in June, EBRC revisits the forecast with our Breakfast With the Economists: Mid-Year Economic Update.
- Provide in-depth economic forecast analysis and databases on a subscription basis to businesses, organizations, and government via The Forecasting Project.
- Conduct research in the areas of:
- regional economic and revenue forecasting
- border and regional development
- economic impact
- public finance and taxation
- industry studies
- environmental/sustainable economics
- renewable energy
- Browse recent research studies.
- Respond to data requests and educate the public about data resources and best practices in the use of economic data as it pertains to Arizona.
EBRC responds to requests for information from business leaders, state and local government agencies, chambers of commerce, public and private researchers, industrial organizations, news media, students, and private citizens. In turn, EBRC seeks research contracts with public and private entities.
Please feel free to contact our staff with your questions about Arizona's economy and data inquiries. You may also visit our offices during business hours Monday through Friday. If you wish to browse the EBRC library collection or conduct a data search, it is a good idea to e-mail or call ahead.
The Premier Source for Information on Arizona's Economy Since 1949!
Originally created in as the Bureau of Business Research in 1949, EBRC continues proud service to the citizens of Arizona by providing information and research on the economy that is vital to decision makers in both the public and private sectors. EBRC publications and websites have been recognized for excellence on multiple occasions.
The center was created in 1949 as the Bureau of Business Research with the purpose of practical investigation and study of business and economic problems. Its objectives are the collection, analysis, arrangement, and dissemination of economic facts to:
- Assist business and government units to deal intelligently with present problems and plan for the future.
- Promote informed development and use of our state's resources, by providing decision makers and the public with the most up-to-date and accurate socio-economic and demographic data analysis.
- Train and assist faculty and students in the field of business and economic research.
For additional information, please contact us.
Photo of business graph with arrow showing profits superimposed over photo of sunset over Scottsdale, Arizona both courtesy of Shutterstock.